Bad credit history is caused by bad credit score. And this happens especially to college students who have more than one student credit card in their possession. But there is a way to fix this major concern, and that is through credit repair.
If you think canceling all your student credit cards will help, think again. It should be the last things to consider when you are facing bad credit score.
Tips to help you repair and improve your credit score
First is to make sure that you are paying your dues on time. No more excuses for late payments and over dues.
Talk to your credit card provider and ask for the best advice on how you can be able to pay your dues. Your card provider will be glad to help you especially if you are enthused and showing sincerity in paying your dues. Work out a payment scheme that will benefit you and your provider.
Obtain a copy of your credit report from all 3 credit bureaus. Make sure that all pertinent data are equal. If there are inconsistencies, you should file a report so the credit bureau can investigate the issue.
Under the US law, you are entitled a free copy of your credit report and you can request for a copy every 12 months. Take advantage of this opportunity each year and make it a habit.
* Avoid closing old student credit cards/accounts. Closing your inactive, problematic accounts will do you no good. It will only jeopardize your bad credit score further.
* When you come out clean after improving your credit score, maintain your regular payments, pay off your debt as much as you can without closing your account.
* Avoid applying for too many loans. Accumulation of loans will end you up in deep debt, and credit repair/improvement will be harder the next time.
* Avoid credit repair companies as much as possible. They charge too high for services you can do yourself.
Remember that you wish to keep a good credit history, so it is imperative that you keep your end of the bargain.
For Applicants With Bad Credit Scores
Credit card providers have established ways in providing students with bad credit scores the type of cards for their specific needs. A normal credit card won’t do you good at this time, but a specialized credit card for bad credit scores will fit perfectly but with a price.
* Unsecured Student credit card – This type of bad credit score card comes with very limited credit. This is a pricey way to obtain a student credit card as it comes with various fees and charges. Be careful when obtaining unsecured student credit card from unknown providers since most of them take advantage of the situation. Only avail from reputable sources.
Watch your spending and make sure all dues are regularly paid. Fees can add up without you knowing it, so it’s best to keep track of your payments.
* Secured Student credit card – This card is ideal for students who wish to repair and improve their credit scores. It works like a regular credit card but the credit limit is determined by your collateral.
You can obtain a secured credit card from major card providers such as VISA and MasterCard.
As always, it is imperative to maintain on-time payments. Be warned also that card providers forward their monthly reports to the credit bureau to update your files regularly to help repair your bad credit.
StudentCreditCards :: Jan.20.2008 :: Credit Card Offers ::
6 Responses to “Bad Credit Score? How to Get Approved!”
on 21 Jan 2008 at 3:23 am1Auto Loans » Blog Archive » Bad Credit Score? How to Get Approved!
[…] unknown wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptBad credit history is caused by bad credit score. And this happens especially to college students who have more than one student credit card in their possession. But there is a way to fix this major concern, and that is through credit … […]
on 07 Feb 2008 at 10:37 am2Many Credit Card Options » Blog Archive » Bad Credit Score? How to Get Approved!
[…] Read the rest of this great post here […]
on 22 Feb 2008 at 5:05 pm3Credit Cards on The Finance World For News and Information Around The World On Finance » Bad Credit Score? How to Get Approved!
[…] Bad Credit Score? How to Get Approved! Credit card providers have established ways in providing students with bad credit scores the type of cards for their specific needs. A normal credit card won’t do you good at this time, but a specialized credit card for bad credit … […]